Apogee (Earth) Part 2 of 4.
Part 1
Part 3
Part 4
“If you think the loss of my pride is any loss at all, think again.” (me). I quite like that one. That’s why it’s at the beginning.
Well now. If you didn’t get the last post (and I hope you’ll find the next two worthy of a glance too: that’s my way of trying to get you to read them all), then you might want to skip over this one once you’ve read the next paragraph and go on to the more interesting stuff.
Yup. These would have been my goodbyes, as I'd decided about 2 weeks after starting this 'scribbling' lark for real (end of October, not the drivel that preceded it), but something has changed as of yesterday (15/12). So this has been amended in overall content somewhat - a temporary lulling.
Still here? Ok. Well. I have no idea where to start (a common problem, I’m sure some will agree?) so I’ll waffle until something comes along and won’t edit to make it readable cause I consider that disingenuous, and thus improper. And don’t I sound like the repressed Englishman, eh? Tho I’m not English (much - ).
I don’t want to repeat or infringe on what’s in part 4, but I want a …here we go.
The irony of the title “I love my job!” is, of course, that I have no job. No prospect of getting one (which for the foreseeable future is kinda good/kinda not so) and I have things to do about that. It was, and still is, a brilliant idea. I’ve just had wanderlust in my bones ever since day 1, I think although I’m not naturally peripatetic in the sense of my being a nomad. So the d/l thing is still…darn, I’m just getting too bloody old!
So now I’m bored with this. I hate personal disclosure of this (i.e. me talking, not listening) kind (i.e. you can do it better than me, so do and I’ll listen.)
The only things going on these blogs in future will be intermittent mind dumps. Anyone mentioned individually in part 4 can … not forget part 3. Or, as I meant to say, anyone…mentioned in a comment put on all 4 in response to a query from admin can utilise anything on any of them as their own. Not that you will, I think I have a good idea how parts of your minds work, but as it’s just brain food, something might spark off something somewhere else. Incoherent gibberish though it might be.
I will say that (caveats included about people misrepresenting themselves in this sphere, misunderstandings and so forth) that I think each and every person mentioned in the person to person bit is …um…let’s say…’worthy’ (because who am I to determine your worth – it’s just my opinion) of not a little admiration. After all, I used to say that no author who lived after the, say, Second World War was even worth wiping my .-rse with and all of you have proved me wrong on that. So (in a way that ignores the realities of the situation – e.g. what will the average life of a blogger be? My guess is 4 years, although there’ll be returnees, I think) I hope that one day I can return and face you as your equal, or close enough for me to feel comfortable. I think you lot will do just fine.
If anyone passing would like to recommend a book or a cd/record, I’d be happy to learn from them. Bulgakov is on the list, btw ;)
And perhaps you might want to just think. At the flick of a switch, all of this ‘permanence’ on the web, in a computer could be lost forever. If this writers’ circle you have were to publish and have a million books in a million home (times many) then that would have so much more permanence.
Yup. You lot are one helluva bunch of writers (and maybe...) and one of the things I’ve learned is that you can’t hide yourself when you write: there’s so much information that people leak in everything, even their writing, unless they’re damn good (so maybe…).
Delta waves kicking in, thanks for…nothing. Not in the conventional sense, but in terms of your having to do nothing other than you would ordinarily have to do. Thanks for nothing. Just for being you; the hardest and easiest thing to do.
Part 3
Part 4
“If you think the loss of my pride is any loss at all, think again.” (me). I quite like that one. That’s why it’s at the beginning.
Well now. If you didn’t get the last post (and I hope you’ll find the next two worthy of a glance too: that’s my way of trying to get you to read them all), then you might want to skip over this one once you’ve read the next paragraph and go on to the more interesting stuff.
Yup. These would have been my goodbyes, as I'd decided about 2 weeks after starting this 'scribbling' lark for real (end of October, not the drivel that preceded it), but something has changed as of yesterday (15/12). So this has been amended in overall content somewhat - a temporary lulling.
Still here? Ok. Well. I have no idea where to start (a common problem, I’m sure some will agree?) so I’ll waffle until something comes along and won’t edit to make it readable cause I consider that disingenuous, and thus improper. And don’t I sound like the repressed Englishman, eh? Tho I’m not English (much - ).
I don’t want to repeat or infringe on what’s in part 4, but I want a …here we go.
The irony of the title “I love my job!” is, of course, that I have no job. No prospect of getting one (which for the foreseeable future is kinda good/kinda not so) and I have things to do about that. It was, and still is, a brilliant idea. I’ve just had wanderlust in my bones ever since day 1, I think although I’m not naturally peripatetic in the sense of my being a nomad. So the d/l thing is still…darn, I’m just getting too bloody old!
So now I’m bored with this. I hate personal disclosure of this (i.e. me talking, not listening) kind (i.e. you can do it better than me, so do and I’ll listen.)
The only things going on these blogs in future will be intermittent mind dumps. Anyone mentioned individually in part 4 can … not forget part 3. Or, as I meant to say, anyone…mentioned in a comment put on all 4 in response to a query from admin can utilise anything on any of them as their own. Not that you will, I think I have a good idea how parts of your minds work, but as it’s just brain food, something might spark off something somewhere else. Incoherent gibberish though it might be.
I will say that (caveats included about people misrepresenting themselves in this sphere, misunderstandings and so forth) that I think each and every person mentioned in the person to person bit is …um…let’s say…’worthy’ (because who am I to determine your worth – it’s just my opinion) of not a little admiration. After all, I used to say that no author who lived after the, say, Second World War was even worth wiping my .-rse with and all of you have proved me wrong on that. So (in a way that ignores the realities of the situation – e.g. what will the average life of a blogger be? My guess is 4 years, although there’ll be returnees, I think) I hope that one day I can return and face you as your equal, or close enough for me to feel comfortable. I think you lot will do just fine.
If anyone passing would like to recommend a book or a cd/record, I’d be happy to learn from them. Bulgakov is on the list, btw ;)
And perhaps you might want to just think. At the flick of a switch, all of this ‘permanence’ on the web, in a computer could be lost forever. If this writers’ circle you have were to publish and have a million books in a million home (times many) then that would have so much more permanence.
Yup. You lot are one helluva bunch of writers (and maybe...) and one of the things I’ve learned is that you can’t hide yourself when you write: there’s so much information that people leak in everything, even their writing, unless they’re damn good (so maybe…).
Delta waves kicking in, thanks for…nothing. Not in the conventional sense, but in terms of your having to do nothing other than you would ordinarily have to do. Thanks for nothing. Just for being you; the hardest and easiest thing to do.



1 Comments:
I'm blind...BLIND!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home